Weekend Links/Madewell Event

swim class at the Y Flashback Friday: exactly one year ago- Henry's first swimming class!

Happy Friday! This week has been so much fun. We had house guests for a few days and got to enjoy some delicious food with great company, and I'm still on cloud 9 from having so much hang out time. This weekend should be great too, full of family time and The Swellers show on Sunday.

I also wanted to take a moment and tell you guys how much we are loving our Mame candles. The girls sent Hank and I a couple to try out and we've really been enjoying them. Right now I have the Farmer's Market scent burning in our kitchen. They're soy candles, so they burn cleaner and last longer, which is always a plus. I am not usually a candle person but these scents are so, so great and don't smell "fake" at all- they're really lovely. And better yet, they are made locally in Arizona.

And speaking of Arizona, if you are in the valley, I'd love for you to stop by and say hello next Tuesday, at a little Madewell event I'm hosting at Scottsdale Fashion Square. I'm pretty flattered they would ask me to do something like this- I'm definitely not the most fashionable person out there, but I am looking forward to picking out some of my favorite looks and hopefully meeting some readers, too! There will be delicious sweets and really great clothes at a discount for any of you who want to shop, but I would really love to meet you either way! Let me know if you're planning on stopping by- I think it's going to be a really fun evening and I'm definitely looking forward to it.


I hope your week has been a good one too. xo

----------

20 ways to give without expectation- so inspiring!

Tattoo Etiquette from a Tattooed Mom. Nicole rules, seriously.

Roasted Green Chile and Tomatillo Enchiladas. YUM.

These little girls are absolutely amazing. And so is the blog I found them on- Katy is one of my faves!

This bracelet is number one on my wishlist.

5 Ways College Accidentally Prepares You for the Real World.

I love this quote.

Pave Life is one of my new sponsors- they are a really awesome site with discounted tickets to events in the arts! I'll be doing a neat giveaway with them soon, so keep your eyes peeled.

Yay Sarah! I can't wait to watch these shows.

Have you ever tried cauliflower crust pizza? I sure haven't, but I'd love to! Thanks, Lesley!

Guess what? You can watch Marie Antoinette for free right now on Hulu

Come sail away.

I really enjoyed Brandy's post on Hot Yoga. It's literally changed my life these past two months so it was amazing to read about it from her point of view too. 

Isn't this inspiring? 

I love reading friends' Currently posts. Here's Jessica's! I love her blog- pop over and say hello.

This "It List" is great- loving those anchor flats.

The Forehead is the New Canvas. Hmm...

I love this "Letters" idea!

This recipe for spicy potato and black bean burritos looks so good.

A beautiful, raw, and honest post over on Sarah's blog.

Seek Adventure. I love this!

This summer salad looks perfect.

Discover some new blogs through my sponsors: Chocolate Milk & Mustard Seeds and Old Lady is Awake.

Some sales just for my readers: 15% off at Adventurer Vintage. Use code "SOMETIMESSWEET." Also check out Cake Spy to receive 15% using code "Sweet15."

And finally, some blogs I've been loving: one, two and three.