Our Anniversary/Hank's Birthday Weekend

This past weekend was the end of our birthday/anniversary celebrations, which always makes me half sad and half relieved. May and the beginning of June is the craziest time of the year for us. In just one week we have my birthday, Hank's, and our anniversary, along with the birthdays of a couple close friends throughout the month so it's pretty jam-packed with events and things to do.

This year was a little crazier than usual with my 30th birthday, and then this past weekend we also decided to do a little staycation of our own down in Phoenix. We chose to stay at the Scottsdale Hyatt. Neither of us had been there before, but at the advice of a friend and a million positive reviews on hotels.com we decided to just try it out. Hank and I are always in a weird bracket when choosing hotels for things like this because we don't drink (he never, me rarely) or want to be around people partying at the pool, but at the same time we don't want to go to a resort crawling with kids when we're trying to do our own thing. We thought the Hyatt was a perfect "in between." They had an adults-only pool, in addition to acres of others pools, fountains, hot tubs, a sand beach, and even water slides. Neither the hotel or the pool was crowded, which was a nice surprise since the last few places we've stayed at were full to the brim, even to the point of having no chairs available at the pool.

We spent Friday swimming and sunning and had a great time relaxing. Later that night we had our anniversary dinner at Le Grande Orange, which was amazing (when I die, bury me with their roasted corn pizza). With the hustle and bustle of everyday life, there are few things I treasure more than a long, leisurely dinner with Hank, and I was so grateful my parents watched Henry that night so we could have so much "us" time.

The next day we spent the morning shopping and I got to use some of my birthday giftcards. I got a few things at Lululemon (my favorite) and we grabbed breakfast at Counter before heading home to my parents. The rest of the day was full of family time- we made a Bahama Bucks run, then laid low the rest of the night watching basketball.

Sunday was Hank's belated celebration at my parents', so in their true fashion they made a huge deal, and of course got a huge cake for the sweet-toothed birthday boy. We spent the afternoon swimming and it was really just a great end to a great weekend.

Here are some pictures- all from my iphone because I just can't bear to bring my nice camera out and about to the pool and to dinner. It's so much easier to just snap a few photos with my phone and get those awesome mirror shots (I kid). I sometimes get sad I don't have super nice photos of times that are so special to me, but these little pictures make me happy too. About half of these were posted to IG, so if you're seeing double, that's why! 

UntitledUntitledAnniversary/Hank's Birthday WeekendAnniversary/Hank's Birthday WeekendAnniversary/Hank's Birthday WeekendUntitledAnniversary/Hank's Birthday WeekendAnniversary/Hank's Birthday WeekendAnniversary/Hank's Birthday WeekendAnniversary/Hank's Birthday WeekendAnniversary/Hank's Birthday WeekendAnniversary/Hank's Birthday WeekendUntitledUntitledAnniversary/Hank's Birthday WeekendAnniversary/Hank's Birthday WeekendUntitledAnniversary/Hank's Birthday WeekendAnniversary/Hank's Birthday WeekendUntitledAnniversary/Hank's Birthday Weekend