Father's Day in Flagstaff

This year for Father's Day I decided it would be fun to take Hank and Henry on a mini-road trip up to Flagstaff, to enjoy some of our favorite foods and a change of scenery. Flag will always hold a super special place in my heart, as I went to all four years of college there (and graduate school too!), so no matter when we go, it's always a great experience. Some of the best times of my life were spent in that little town, and every time I find myself making my way up that way on the I-17 my stomach flips a little, in the most excited way. Flagstaff is definitely my happy place, and I love that Hank adores it just as much as I do.

We got up bright and early this morning and arrived in Flagstaff around 9:30am. Our first stop was Hank's favorite coffee shop, Macy's. He got a coffee and we split a "birdseed" treat, which is really just a whole lot of nuts and seeds pressed into a peanut butter base. Delicious. We spent the rest of the day walking around, enjoying the crisp mountain air that is so similar to ours but yet somehow so different, and eating lots of yummy food. Our favorite Thai restaurant Dara Thai was closed today so we decided to eat at an old favorite, Pita Jungle. Henry loves hummus so we knew it was pretty foolproof, and we had a great meal.  We arrived home later in the evening, exhausted but so, so happy to have spent such a fun day together as a family.

Here are some photos, mainly from my regular camera and a couple little collages from my iPhone. And on a side/related note- it's only been two days of taking my camera out more places with us and I couldn't be happier. Nothing's better than pretty photos to capture such special memories!

Happy Father's Day!

Father's Day 2012- FlagstaffFather's Day 2012- FlagstaffFather's Day 2012- FlagstaffFather's Day 2012- FlagstaffFather's Day 2012- FlagstaffFather's Day 2012- FlagstaffFather's Day 2012- FlagstaffFather's Day 2012- FlagstaffFather's Day 2012- FlagstaffFather's Day 2012- FlagstaffFather's Day 2012- FlagstaffFather's Day 2012- FlagstaffFather's Day 2012- FlagstaffFather's Day 2012- FlagstaffFather's Day 2012- FlagstaffFather's Day 2012- FlagstaffFather's Day 2012- FlagstaffFather's Day 2012- FlagstaffFather's Day 2012- FlagstaffFather's Day 2012- FlagstaffFather's Day 2012- Flagstaff