Literate & Stylish: Kacie from A Collection of Passions

LS
The premise of Literate & Stylish is simple, and the post is short but sweet- every Thursday I'll be showcasing a lovely lady and her favorite book. She'll share a few pretty photos showing off her personal style, along with her book of choice, and tell us why she loves it. 



from Kacie, of A Collection of Passions

A Prayer for Owen Meany: A Novelby John Irving

My sister is really the literate one, and every amazing book I've ever read has been because of her recommendation. She gave me a used copy of A Prayer for Owen Meany when I was twenty and I fell completely in love with it. That particular copy stayed with me, in my purse, for years until it finally fell apart while traveling in Europe. Since then I have gone through several more copies. I always find myself giving it away.

A Prayer for Owen Meany is essentially the story of two boys, John and Owen, who are bonded together by accidents and fate. As their journey progresses through the years, they form a brotherly love that is absolutely heartbreaking. This is my favorite book because it's the most extraordinary, hilarious, touching, unique book I've ever read. It is full of hilarious absurdities, and incredible wisdom. For those of you who have read it, I only need to TYPE IN ALL CAPITALS to get you giggling. For those of you who haven't yet had the joy of reading this novel, I highly recommend it.


see previous Literate & Stylish posts here.