Happy 60th birthday, Mommy!

My mom turns 60 today. She is the most wonderful mother you could hope for--she always sounds happy when you call (even to talk about boring things), she somehow knows the definition of every vocab word (the only one that ever stumped her was friable!), she's always up for a stinky cheese and glass of white wine, and she's fascinating to talk to about anything and everything. And isn't she beautiful? To know her is to love her, and I could write about her all day. We're throwing her a big family party this May in NYC, and I cannot wait.
My mom when she was three, living in Manchester, England, with her mother, older brother and grandparents, while her dad was stationed in Korea...
At Catholic school in first grade...
A romantic photo my dad took when they were first dating in London...
With us twin babies in Paris ("We had lots of wild wallpaper, even on the ceilings!" she remembers)...
With me at our grandparents' house in Alabama...
With my sister in the Tuileries gardens in Paris...
With my brother (who I think looks just like Toby here!)...
With newborn Toby!

Mama, we adore you!!!!!!! Happy 6-0!!!!!!!

P.S. Babies in Paris:)