Currently.


my current favorite photo of Henry

Obsessing over: printing out all of the photos I've taken of Henry over the past 15 months. I was looking through an old photo album at my parents' the other day and realized that I have nothing physical like that to have as a keepsake. I doubt that one day in future Henry will sit and peruse my Flickr account when he wants to see baby photos. So my plan is to go through all of my photos month by month and print out 3 copies of each. I'll make 2 photo albums (one for him, one for us) and then have an extra copy for any projects, etc. he may want them for. I'm not a scrapbooker, so these are just going to be old-fashioned albums. I'm excited, even though the task seems completely daunting considering the amount of photos I've taken!

Working on: This is just my hobby (NOT a job), but for some reason, I catch myself feeling weird- like I'm not "keeping up with the Jones'" once in a blue moon. And that is too often for me. By the way, I have no idea who the Jones' even are. It's weird though, and I started thinking about this when I caught myself apologizing for an Instagram collage in a recent post. Who am I apologizing to? And why? This blog has a large readership, yes, but why in the world would I apologize to people for sharing photos of my happiness- albeit not the best quality photos, but still, why? I share a little of everything- beautiful photos from my DSLR, some from my point and shoot, some from my phone, so I'm just trying to shake off this idea that I have to measure up to some weird ideal I've gotten stuck in my head from who knows where. All of the blogs I love are a mix of everything, yet all of a sudden I had a strange guilt for not producing posts with great photos, all the time; like I was copping out using Instagram photos. Over it now though, and I don't expect to feel that way for oh, about another 6 or 7 months! ;)

Thinking about: how excited I am to get tattooed tomorrow! It's been awhile, and I couldn't be happier about adding something really, really special to my thigh. Let's be clear though- I am not excited about the pain- I hate hate hate getting tattooed, and it only gets harder the older I get...but I love the outcome so in the end it's worth it. I'll wait and share what I'm getting via a post later on, but just know that it officially brings me fully over to the literature-nerd side, as if I wasn't already there. Excited!

Anticipating: a fun weekend. Tomorrow night is tattoo night, Saturday is Carter's 2nd birthday party, and Sunday Hank, Henry and I have a fun family day planned.

Listening to: Lately I can't stop listening to Neko Case. Do any of you listen to her? I've loved her for a long, long time and have fully enjoyed all of her amazing projects she's partaken in with that incredible voice of hers. My most favorite album of hers though is Blacklisted, but oddly enough I'd never gave her newest album, Middle Cyclone, a listen. While in San Francisco Alex mentioned that one of his all-time favorite songs was "This Tornado Loves You" and now I can't stop listening to it. Neko Case is amazing and and I firmly believe she is one of the great voices of our time.





Eating: sweet potatoes. So many sweet potatoes! I always love them, but lately I've been on a one-a-day kick. I usually like to throw a couple in the oven for dinner- Henry loves them too! I prefer mine with butter and sea salt, but adding cheese and broccoli is delicious too. Fun fact: sweet potatoes have been said to increase the chances of having twins or multiples! Seeing that my Dad is a twin I better lay off once we start thinking about baby #2...unless we want #2 and #3 at the same time! ha.


Wishing: that air travel was free. There are far too many faraway friends I'd like to visit.

How about you? What are you up to today? Feel free to do your own "currently" post on your blog and link back in the comments! And thanks again to my dear friend Megan for providing the original inspiration for these posts.