What I'm Reading


Right now I'm reading Bringing Up Bebe: One American Mother Discovers the Wisdom of French Parenting and so far, so good. I'm definitely enjoying the author's writing style; she does a great job of mixing statistics and facts with fun anecdotes and personal stories. It's written in an entirely engaging way, and I feel like I've learned a lot, even though I wasn't reading this book as a parenting book. And I don't really think the author intended for it to be one, anyway! Bringing Up Bebe is more so a look at one woman's experience as an American mother living in France, taking us on her entire journey and sharing what she's learned along the way in a humorous, page-turning tone. It's an easy read- totally approachable, quite fascinating, and if the first three-fourths are indicative of the rest of the book, enjoyable from cover to cover. I'd definitely recommend it to anyone who spends time with little ones or really anyone who's interesting in learning more about cross-cultural parenting.

So how about you- what are you reading right now?