Literate & Stylish: Ashley from That Is All

LS
The premise of Literate & Stylish is simple, and the post is short but sweet- every Thursday I'll be showcasing a lovely lady and her favorite book. She'll share a few pretty photos showing off her personal style, along with her book of choice, and tell us why she loves it. 



from Ashley, of That Is All

The Fault in Our Starsby John Green

A quick glance at these pictures might lead you to believe this post is about The Great Gatsby. It’s actually just my Kindle cover, but while we’re on the subject, if you haven’t read The Great Gatsby, you definitely should. I plan on re-reading it before the movie comes out.

While there are dozens of classic books I hold close to my heart, the book I want to share with you today is one I recently read. The Fault in Our Starsby John Green is technically Young Adult Fiction, but there is something in this book for you no matter your age.

 It is in one of the most unromantic settings, a cancer support group, that this love story begins. Hazel is sixteen and has lungs ridden with cancer. A “magic,” experimental pill is prolonging her life, but she’s not naive. She understands that one day she will die from this disease, and therefore is living her life so that her death will affect as few people as possible. Enter gorgeous, magnetic Augustus, who has had to have a leg amputated, but is now in remission. He is immediately drawn to Hazel, but she keeps things at a friends-only status because of her life’s expiration date.

As these two go off on some crazy adventures, we get to watch the love story unfold. You will laugh. You will cry. Your life will be better for having this book in it. (Oh my, I’m being dramatic, but it’s only because I really want you to read it!)