Tattoo Tuesday V.120

Name: Nathan Del Turco
Age: 26
Occupation: Student Music Director at Mission Community Church
Age of first tattoo: 18
Favorite tattoo: Tiger
Featured tattoo/location: Tiger, in my ditch.
Artist/shop/location of feature tattoo: Taylor Ryan at Golden Rule Tattoo.


1) Tell us about your featured tattoo- is there a background story about why you chose it, or maybe a special meaning?

It was inspired by an old Owen Jensen Tiger. I love traditional art work and always wanted to get a Tiger tattoo in my ditch. My friend Taylor tweaked with the idea a bit, and this is where we landed. I absolutely love it.



2) Do you have any other tattoos?  If so, what do you have and where?

Yes! I have collected quite a bit. They're mainly on 2 parts of my body. (Right arm/chest, and left leg) At last count I had 30. Most of my tattoos are nautical or sailor themed, and while some have specific meaning and some do not, I love them all.

On my shoulder I have an angry hammerhead shark jumping out of the water. That piece blends into more water, boulders, and a smashed up ship wheel on my chest. On my lower arm I have a Rock of Ages cross and a serpent wrapped around a dagger that says "Death or Glory". I also have a butterfly on fire (why not?) on my elbow as well as a sparrow, a USA shield, safety wheel, and "Hold Fast" across both wrists.. Above that is an anchor and a rose with my wife Stacey's initials (ahhhh). On 3 of my knuckles I have a crown, an eye to remind me to keep my eyes up, and another anchor to remind me to stay grounded. On my left side I have a seagull, that my brother, father, and myself got together. (We grew up in Myrtle Beach when my father was stationed there) And I also have "Standing" on my left wrist. <---First Tattoo..and also done by Taylor Ryan.

Some of the ones on my legs are a gorilla head, a lighthouse, a ship, a boot that says "Fancy", a WuTang Clan wu bird (yes), an arrow-head with a "B," my wife as a mermaid (complete with glasses), and I have an anchor inside each of my heels.
3) Do you plan on getting more?

Absolutely. I don't think I will every stop.



4) How do your family and friends feel about your tattoo(s)?  Have you run into any adversity or negativity because of them? Do you have a significant other? Does he/she have tattoos?


  My family has always been great about my tattoos. My Father and Mother both are tattooed and have always been supportive. I wouldn't say adversity, but maybe some friction when meeting some people for the first time. Most tension is quickly diffused when they realize that I'm fairly a normal person... I have a lovely wife named Stacey, and she too has a few tattoos.





5) What's the most interesting experience you've ever had in regards to your tattoos?

Honestly, I would have to say people assuming I don't need personal space. Mostly older women, but random people will grab my arm and start turning it around to get a better look.. It will never make sense to me.

6) Any advice for those interested in getting tattooed but haven't gotten one yet?


Go to someone you know and trust..and also "Good work ain't cheap, and cheap work ain't good."