Tattoo Tuesday V.119

Name: Delane Lyn
Age: 31
Occupation: SAHM/Aspiring Photographer/Aspiring Hair Stylist/ Mom Blogger. Also be sure to check out her family's tattoo shop - Timeless Tattoo in Menifee, CA.
Age of first tattoo: 21
Favorite tattoo: Panther Head
Featured tattoo/location: On My right knee cap
Artist/shop/location of feature tattoo: Jay Chastain 13 Roses Tattoo in Georgia but, he is currently work at Rock Of Ages Tattoo in Texas.


1) Tell us about your featured tattoo- is there a background story about why you chose it, or maybe a special meaning? 

Honestly no background on it. I just got it because I thought it would be a perfect tattoo. I fully dislike knees and think they are pretty ugly. What better way to make it pretty then to tattoo it!

2) Do you have any other tattoos? If so, what do you have and where? 

I do have quite a few more tattoos. My legs, feet, toes, hands, neck, face, fingers, arms, chest, back, elbow. It is pretty safe to say I am heavily tattooed.






 
 3) Do you plan on getting more? 

I definitely plan to get more; I'm actually shooting for a full bodysuit! It's a work in progress.

4) How do your family and friends feel about your tattoos? Have you run into any adversity or negativity because of them? Do you have a significant other? Does he/she have tattoos? 

At first my family didn't like the idea of me being tattooed. I remember them saying I would go to hell because of them. Now I think they are just used to them and realize they aren't going anywhere. My friends love my tattoos because most of my friends are tattooed and if they're not, they appreciate them. I have run into some negativity over how tattooed I am, at times it can be really annoying especially when I am with my kids. My 4 year old has started to notice people staring and will actually say "what are you looking at?"

People shake their heads and scowl at me all the time, although I know it comes with being as heavily tattooed as I am. The thing that makes up for having to deal with the judgement though, is when you have those little old ladies come up to you and want to tell you they love your "artwork" and then they show you there hidden tattoos that you would never think they had. My significant other is tattooed and tattoos for a living. The funny thing is, as a tattooer you would think he would be more tattooed then me but, sadly I hold the award for most tattooed in our household. LOL. He has sleeves and a few tattoos on his legs and one on his neck.



5) What's the most interesting experience you've ever had in regards to your tattoos? 

The most interesting experience has got to be going to Disneyland. I know you are asking why...well my lower left leg is a work in progress and is all Yo Gabba Gabba.. Yes I just said Yo Gabba Gabba. ;) Every time we go and my legs are exposed, I get so many parents and kids loving the leg. The most memorable experience for me was a few days after going to Disneyland a friend named Parker posted a link on my Facebook wall to a blog post. This blogger was Toodee from Yo Gabba Gabba and there were photos of me and my leg. It was pretty cool to see it but, wished she would have said who she was because that would have been pretty amazing too. :)

6) Any advice for those interested in getting tattooed but haven't gotten one yet? 

Research, Research, Research! Take your time to pick out what your going to get and don't settle for some garage tattooer or someone who is cheaper. You get what you pay for.