Summer Essential #2: FANTASTIC natural sunscreen

After literally years of searching, I've finally found the best sunscreen. And here's why:

1. Regular sunscreen can be dangerous. Three years ago, before our honeymoon, my friend Jessa Blades, a natural beauty consultant and makeup artist, warned me that regular sunscreen often contains dangerous chemicals and harmful toxins that may actually cause cancer. (This article, most recently, made my knees wobble!) Ever since then, Alex and I have worn natural mineral sunscreen, which feel so important, especially since you slather it all over your body (and your children's bodies) everyday.

2. But natural sunscreens look bad. Yes, here's the catch: Natural sunscreens don't really absorb into your skin. You end up covered in sticky lotion, looking white as a ghost; and sunscreen can have flaky residue, which is, needless to say...not attractive. I secretly hate using it, but know it's worth it.

3. And here's the solution! I had almost given up on finding a natural sunscreen that doesn't look terrible, but now I'm thrilled to say I've finally found one!! Josie Maran's Daily Sun Protection is both natural and absorbs beautifully. The lightweight sunscreen also contains argan oil, which makes you look young and glow-y. Alex and Toby will be wearing it this summer, too. I highly, highly, highly recommend it. Find it here.
Here's to a happy, healthy summer! (More summer essentials to come...)

(Top photo by Garance Dore)