An Afternoon with Henry

Yesterday was one of those days where things everything we had planned fell through, so I took my little gentleman and myself out for tea and treats and an afternoon stroll, just the two of us. I like to pretend that Henry knew that we were on a special mama and son date, even though I know all of his concentration was fixated on the peanut butter and jelly bar we shared outside, under a beautiful purple-blossomed tree. The weather was just right- not too sunny for walking and not too cloudy where you feel like it might rain at any moment. It was beautiful. Spring is just starting to show itself around these parts and I couldn't be happier.

We walked and talked, Henry a little less coherently, but still understandable at times (up! Mama! I want!), and we enjoyed looking at all the dogs and the people and the almost-green grass. It smelled like rain and felt like spring, and Henry was all smiles and scrunched-up-nose laughter.

After an hour or so we headed back to the car, packed up, and headed home so the little guy could take his second nap. When we got back, I put Henry down in his crib and sat on the couch for a moment, thinking about how much fun we had, and imagining how much more fun these days will be the older he gets. Have I mentioned lately how much I love being the mama of a boy? Because I do. It's the very best thing in the entire world.

Picnik collage2
Untitled
Picnik collage4
Downtown with Henry, 4/10/12
Downtown with Henry, 4/10/12
Downtown with Henry, 4/10/12
Downtown with Henry, 4/10/12
Downtown with Henry, 4/10/12
Picnik collage1
DSC_0230 edit