One More from Michael: An Otomo Design That Reminds Him of a Love Lost

Michael, whose Calvin tattoo was featured in the previous post here, also shared this cool piece from his right arm:


Michael explained the origin of this design:
"The artist is Katsuhiro Otomo, the legendary Japanese animator, who did Akira [a popular manga series]. I’ve been in love with him since I was a kid. He came out with another movie called Steamboy that I was super excited about … I got the deluxe set … with the sketchbook in it and I’ve fallen in love with [this girl] … I loved her from the beginning but then I was dating a girl and I fucked it all up and she, well, hell hath no fury like a woman scorned and I just wanted to … she’s almost adorable as this and I wanted to put that in memory and not be a fool and, well, she’s still mad at me."
Michael added that they still talk and he's holding out hope that forgiveness and reconciliation are still a possibility.

The tattoo was inked by Ariel Salgado at Millenium Tattoo in Newburgh, New York. Ariel, Michael said, has done most of his tattoos.

Thanks (again) to Michael for sharing his work with us here on Tattoosday!


This entry is ©2011 Tattoosday.

If you are reading this on another web site other than Tattoosday, without attribution, please note that it has been copied without the author's permission and is in violation of copyright laws. Please feel free to visit http://tattoosday.blogspot.com and read our original content. Please let me know if you saw this elsewhere so I can contact the webmaster of the offending site and advise them of this violation in their Terms of Use Agreement.