Melissa's Afterglow

I took a little break here at Tattoosday over the long weekend and I hope that you didn't miss us too much!

Today's tattoo is one of the simpler ones, but I think it is also spectacularly original.

A couple weeks back, I ran into Melissa at a Dunkin' Donuts and she offered up this intriguing piece:


Melissa explained:

"It's just an abstract representation of my [home]. So instead of having pictures of my family or the family shield, it's an outline of a house I grew up in, the tree and the yard - it just represents my family."
As for the word "afterglow," Melissa explained that her dad had passed away a couple of years ago and there was a poem on the back of his mass card and that it is in memory of him. The poem in question is likely this one:

After Glow

I'd like the memory of me
to be a happy one,
I'd like to leave an afterglow
of smiles when life is done.
I'd like to leave and echo
whispering down the ways,
Of happy times and laughing
times and bright and sunny days.
I'd like the tears of those who
grieve, to dry before the sun
Of happy memories that I leave
When life is done.
                             ------ Author Unknown
Thanks to Melissa for sharing this cool tattoo with us here on Tattoosday!



This entry is ©2011 Tattoosday.

If you are reading this on another web site other than Tattoosday, without attribution, please note that it has been copied without the author's permission and is in violation of copyright laws. Please feel free to visit http://tattoosday.blogspot.com and read our original content. Please let me know if you saw this elsewhere so I contact the webmaster of the offending site and advise them of this violation in their Terms of Use Agreement.